Image Map

Friday, April 1, 2011

What's Blooming In My Room?






I never get tired of watching their reaction when they come back to school the following day to see what happened to the flowers... so cute.



Now we dye the celery and learn to predict about the change in color. I am amazed that this is not more obvious to some children but today  all of them will make the connection!

We tasted the celery too and made a large bubble map together.
Now we will practice reading these words and creating our own map by tracing our words and cutting them out. I can post some tomorrow.



5 comments:

Gina said...

Hello! I love your diagram of a flower. As a first year teacher, it is giving me inspiration for our upcoming unit on plants. I also love the celery activities you posted. Are you willing to share them? Or are they available for purchase/a donation?
Thank you for sharing!
Gina
gtburns@cps.edu

A Special Kind of Class said...

Great activity Fran. I can't wait until spring hits here so we can talk about plants. It was still snowing as of yesterday. I would love to use your activity then.

Mandy
aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com

Renee S. said...

Love your plants chart and worksheets!
Do you ever share your files?

Renee'
suzynae@tx.rr.com

Playing with Pixie Dust said...

Featured your carnation activity today on our blog. It's fabulous!
frogsbeesundertheseas.blogspot.com

Fran Kramer said...

Thanks so much for letting me know!
I will check your blog and I feel so thrilled to be on there!
xoxo Fran