Image Map

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Red, White, and Blue... We Love You!

We are working on a unit called Red, White, and Blue which focuses on the symbols of our country. I put all of our sight words on cards and as I hand them out to the children to read (quick as a snap) they come up and put them in the pocket chart. This is done very quickly!  Click here for your cards. This is one more stategy for reviewing the sight words at this time of year. I also use this for numbers, letters, and sounds. Try it!
What little games do you like to use?

Don't forget to enter for this giveaway! I can't wait to see who the 3 winners will be. I am so excited.
Count down ... time is running out! Hurry up!

5 comments:

Tessa said...

I just started following your blog! You have some great ideas! I would love to enter your give away but I'm not sure how to do it? Could ya give me a little hint? :)

Fran Kramer said...

Leave a comment just like you did here but do it under the giveaway. Thank you for following me and I hope there are great things for you to use here!
Fran

Daniela said...

Do you plan on selling your unit? My school is doing Read Across America and we have picked Washington. I would love to see your ideas. You're Awesome!

Luvsteachn@gmail.com

Fran Kramer said...

I am not selling anything at this point but I have a ton of stuff I created for this unit. There is very little out there that is appropriate for this age group so keep checking back...
By the way I am from the Washington DC area!
Thanks for all the comments. It will make me a better teacher blogger!
Fran

Delaney White said...

Love these! I do this unit in Feb. so I can't wait to use them next year! I love your blog and ALL your ideas. Thanks for sharing everything!