Image Map

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Here are some penguin activities for teachers:

Grab a little reader on penguins here:



                         
 When you put this reader together the fold goes on the outside (see picture in an earlier post) so little hands can turn the pages easily. I use a 11/2" strip of construction paper to hold all the pages together on the left side. Often I send these little books home for a parent to put together and I cut the strips ahead of time. I talked to the children about non fiction and hit many kindergarten standards with this piece of text. This is a great way to practice the sight words in context!






                                      Click here for this worksheet

I finally got my first worksheet up on this blog, thanks to Deanna Jump and Dana Baker. They both have beautiful blogs that are an inspiration to me. Thank you blogging friends for taking the time to help me. I really feel grateful to both of you.



7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Love both of these!! Thanks for sharing & creating! :)

Marsha Batson said...

thanks for sharing these! I am trying to build a good unit on penguins and your work will be great!

Shauna said...

Thanks so much for sharing these great ideas. My preschooler's loved putting together your "Parts of a Penguin" paper.
Thanks again for sharing,
Shauna
myshaenoel.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Thanks for creating and sharing the Penguin book. My kids and I loved the repetition and the surprise ending. I printed it on sentence strips for the pocket chart and created a reading/writing sheet so that the kids could practice sounding out words and printing. Thanks again for sharing your ideas and hard work.

Sandi
http://rubberbootsandelfshoes.blogspot.com/2012/02/penguins.html

Amber said...

Thanks for sharing these nice penguin activities! Found them through Pinterest and repinned them.

Unknown said...

I know I'm late for this post, but I just found you via Pinterest. I would LOVE a copy of your penguin reader if possible (it won't open as a document). It is so hard to find a book about penguins for my newest readers. laura.scheunemann@wrps.net

Tina said...

I love this and plan to use it tomorrow with my preschoolers! Thank you so much for sharing!