Image Map

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sensational Celery



Click here for worksheets

Here are the worksheets I use with my kids. I will post some samples of their work. If you do the celery experiment make sure you cut the bottom off with a knife and put many drops of red food coloring in the water. The change will occur quickly and the children love the speedy results!
If you decide to take the worksheets please leave a comment and I would love you to become a follower.



This is an example of a student's work. This is done in small group as we practice the new vocabulary and the language of the map. It was a challenge for them to remember which decribing word went with has.



This is a graph we did as a whole class but I broke them into their reading groups. They sat in a circle and I gave them a cup with the slips of paper for voting, a glue stick, and a marker. They voted according to their group number and each child glued his own ticket and needed to say, "I like celery." At the end I assigned a child to lead the counting and on each side of the graph he recorded the totals. For this graph I had the students all sign their name at the top of this chart. We took pictures and this is so cute to hang up.

5 comments:

ashley said...

I follow you and I took your worksheets. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

Hi Fran! First of all, thanks so much for the lovely comments! I'm so happy you could use some of my posts :)

And, WOW! Your blog is FANTASTIC! I've spent a long time this morning reading through all of your resources. I just love your graphic organizers...these would work well for some of my newer ELL students. I love how they look too, so organized and beautiful. Thanks again...I am now a happy follower of your blog. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Kristen
Ladybug's Teacher Files

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I love your Bubble Maps! I can't wait to try this with my ELD class. The still need lots of supports and visuals.

Christy001 said...

Your site is awesome! Thanks for sharing these worksheets! They are fantastic for my kinders! :)

Christy001 said...

Your site is awesome! Thanks for sharing these worksheets! They are fantastic for my kinders! :)