Image Map

Monday, October 31, 2011

Mentor Magic is Here



How cute are these pictures? None of these students even noticed me in the room. I gave the directions to my fifth grade helpers and they got right down to business. They did a quick letter and sight word assessment, filled out a double bubble map with their little buddy and finally worked on flash cards to review letters and words.
I made a notebook for each kinderkid and they L*O*V*E*D it! I put an apple on the front cover and eventually I want to put a photo of each student with his or her mentor.The notebook has fluency charts, flash cards and any activities I want them to work on. 


So Friday I assessed each student myself to see if they were coming along and fourteen of them got perfect scores! Woohoo, talk about progress! Is this working? You bet it is and the kids are so much more interested in school and participating in class. I even gave out certificates and sent emails to their parents. It was a happy day in Mrs. Kramer'sclassroom. Many of the students who did not get perfect scores only missed a few. Loving this progress... 

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your students doing so well. Tho' I am not surprised with all the great ideas you have to bring them along! WhoooHooo to the mentors as well.

Sarah said...

Fantastic!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Im sure the mentors are LOVING it too!!

Good Job Teach!
Sarah
shetrick@gmail.com

msdora162 said...

I love the work you are doing with the mentors. I work with inner city kinders and they need a lot of help. Please let me know when you are posting a mentor packet on tpt.

God Bless you and thank you for all that you share.

Dora M. Pistro
msdora162@yahoo.com

katie said...

I too would love a mentor packet on TPT :-) are you thinking of making one? Love the bubble map!!!