Image Map

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

If It's Pete They Will Come...

I was pulling my hair out a few weeks ago since the little ones in my class were having so much trouble remembering what to do during their workshop time. Then my friends next door suggested a chart to anchor their thinking. I used Pete on my chart because my class is obsessed with him (okay maybe it's more about the teacher). Did this help? You betcha. If it has Pete on it everyone seems to focus a bit more... just sayin'. So here is Pete working and then Pete having some fun.

My tee shirts came in the mail from the artist of this book and I cannot wait to wear one on a casual day to school and watch the reaction in my class.. Pete with a coffee cup is so perfect for this teacher. Now do I need a piece of art? I'm thinking...

8 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Fran,
I LOVE the must do and may do.. I am doing more of this and less of centers that rotate... some projects just take longer which would back up a rotation. I started the PETE the Cat shoe tying club this week with my am class and the pm kids are so anxious to see their names go up on the bulletin board. Those am 6 am kids were SO proud of their necklace that I be some of them will be wearing it back to school tomorrow.. THANK YOU for sharing your love of Pete...Have you seen Youtube version of Pete the Cat singing the wheels on the bus? LOVE IT

lovetwoteach said...

So you don't feel alone, I own 2 pete t's, and my room is decorated with Dean art! I love it in my classroom and so do the kids. Their favorite is Pete with Thing 1 and 2. :)

Tessa said...

I am one of the many who "heart" your blog! Head on over and check out your award!
Tessa
Spotlight on Kindergarten

Pingles said...

I am ordering the new Pete in the flowers, way to cool! I love Pete more than my kids and I think I need a tshirt also to where to the next curriculum planning mtg. I'll just play along, sining my song (in my head), and it will all be good!

Pat

Meenal said...

Can you PLEASE tell me where you got your Pete the cat t-shirts from? Thanks! I need to get one!

mskarenkory said...

Sooooo cool! I love the shirts! I love all things Pete! I purchased your first Pete unit and we are enjoying the activities in it. Heading out to see if I can find a Pete shirt too ;)

Pam said...

Could you post where you bought the shirts? I would love the coffee one. Since I love coffee.

HeidiSongs said...

Love that shirt!!! What's that link?
Heidi Butkus