Image Map

Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Pocket Full of Learning Fun


I decided to make some very simple activities for young students to use as math and literacy stations at the beginning of the year. I am always looking for simple things to reinforce the skills they are learning. This is designed to be used with the mini pocket charts you bought at Target and I will be selling this on  TpT. I have provided labels to go with these activities so you can stay organized. See if this will help you in those early months when you start wondering when their independent skills are going to kick in! Where did summer go and what have I been doing with myself?


I am so excited about this packet. I hope it is something all of you can use. I just finished it tonight and it's 35 pages! YIKES! Some of the ideas I included are simple sentence building work, matching upper and lowercase letters, class sorts, color work, a shape activity, and number fun. I hope this helps to build academic vocabulary too. 






13 comments:

alwayslearning said...

Looks great! When do you sleep?!
Holly
http://joyofkindergarten.blogspot.com/

Busy Bees said...

Thanks so much!! You have to be up all night long. I will check these out on your TPT.
BusyBees

Barbara said...

I can't find these on the TPT site?? Are they on the site yet?
I am not too anxious to buy them..AM I???LOL

Pingles said...

Hi Fran, I love this new packet idea to use with all the pocket charts I bought! I looked for in on TPT but couldn't find it. Did I do something wrong?
Thanks,
Pat

PS: Are you doing a TM training next week?

Mrs. Petersen said...

Where is this packet in your store? I can't find it. ;(

Mrs. Kremser said...

Another time saver ... thanks! Will purchase when you post it on TPT.

Deedee Wills said...

Can't wait to get the link from TpT saying you have posted this product!
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

I purchased it today, but it won't let me download it...I think TPT is having issues.

Cindy said...

Hi Fran,
I am giggling because I was at the Dollar Spot earlier today and got 3 of the pocket charts! I didn't know what I wanted to do with them...now I do! ;-)
Thanks! I am heading over to TPT now!
You are amazing....

Amanda said...

Hi! I am new to your site and absolutely LOVE it. I have been trying to print your math talk cards. Whenever I print them, the words print blacked out. I am at a loss? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for your help!

Jackie Gray said...

Hey Fran, love your ideas and after seeing a smidge of this post on my phone while at the Mo. Kidergarten Conference-ran to Target and bought 4 more mini pockets. Can't find the link to get this file...can you help me out ...please!
Here We Go Loopty Loo

Fran Kramer said...

Go to my TpT store. It is for sale for five dollars. Click on my sidebar. I hope that helps.