Image Map

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Change It Up!


Your students will enjoy doing an innovation on this story and drawing a picture of what Pete might have stepped in. A class book is always fun to make and usually ends up being  a class favorite that is read often. On the last page you can have the children sign their names as the authors! This is easy to create and we all need easy-right?

When I put all the pages together I just bind it with a strip of folded construction paper at the top. This is a cute way to practice reading and writing color words. For the kids that are not ready to write color words just use a yellow highlighter, write the word in the space and encourage the child to trace it with a pencil. Feel free to click here for this class book.




10 comments:

Michelle Grigsby said...

LOVE it!! What a great idea :)

Laura said...

I will definitely be using this in the fall. Thanks so much!

Freckleteacher said...

Thanks Fran! The kids are going to love creating their own page for Pete!

Tessa said...

I HAVE to go get this book!

Thanks for sharing - I always look forward to your posts!
Tessa
Spotlight on Kindergarten

Jill said...

I LOVE all of your "Pete" ideas! My book should arrive this week--and I can't wait! Thank you so much for sharing! You are an inspiration!

Color Me Happy in Kindergarten

Darla said...

I love making class books and I am sure this one will be read over and over and over.

Thanks!

Mary Jo said...

I am also buying this adorable book! Thank you again!!
Mary Jo

Erica said...

Thanks for all the Pete activities!

Barbara said...

Just got my book from Amazon today!! Love it.
Hope you are having a GREAT time in Vegas...can't wait to read all about it in your own entertaining way!!
B.

Pingles said...

Hi Fran,

I hope you are enjoying the conference. I love the Pete the Cat packet, I downloaded it last night and I can't believe how much information it contains. I also spent hours reading through previous blogs and loved them.

Take care,
Pat I.