Image Map

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Easy-Peasy Reading




Remember those mini pocket charts from Target that you insisted on purchasing? Here is another simple activity to use at the beginning of the year. Students practice reading this and building academic vocabulary. It is simple enough to release as a literacy station, early in the year when you want to get them started with concepts of print.
They can use a pointer and practice with a partner. You can introduce this same activity in a large group setting, using your regular pocket chart. It's also provides a great opportunity to do choral reading work.
Laminate these sheets, cut them apart, and store them in an envelope. Students can build these and work on their first sight word for the year. If you would like these beginning activities click here to find them. Please leave a comment and if you have other ideas share! Have a restful Sunday!

20 comments:

Love, Luck and Laughter said...

Hi Fran, I can't find the place to print these! It is only 6am here, so maybe I just can't see it! Thanks!

Busy Bees said...

My friends tell me I am the pocket chart queen, so I didn't purchase these last week at Target. Now I might have to go back and get them for this great idea. Now my brain is ticking!!
Thanks!
BusyBees

Monds & Mayberry said...

I love this idea! Are these available on TPT?

Michele said...

Cute idea...now my Target just has to get those table top pocket charts.

Mrs. Daniels Kindergarten said...

Were we suppose to be able to download these?....no link.

Carey said...

I love this activity, thanks for sharing products for our great new purchase from Target! However, how do we link to the purchase? I cannot find any links to click on. Thanks so much for all your sharing!

Fran Kramer said...

Sorry friends. The link is up now and you can grab it. You bloggers are on your game 24/7.

Anonymous said...

Fran - this is why you win all the awards. Great job. I got the table top pocket charts as well as the mini pocket charts at Target, now I'll have something to put in them.
Thanks,

Donna Richards said...

Thanks so much! What a great idea and so simple to use.

Karen LeBlanc said...

I do this too at the beginning of the year, but yours are way cuter!
Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

Fran, you are amazing. You are so creative and very generous to share your products with us. Thanks you for all the wonderful ideas you have shared.

megandw said...

Great idea, Fran! Thanks for sharing. I introduce 'see' and 'I' early in the year too. "I see" could be added to the beginning and the kiddos could be reading and constructing sentences!
Thanks again!

Rose said...

OMG, I love these. They will word great with those table top pocket charts I just got from Target. Thank you for sharing.
http://thewonderfulworldofkindergarten.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

Isn't THE a great first word.
Love this..What is the best part...It is already done!!YEA!!
Thanks.

alwayslearning said...

Thank you so much sharing so much with us! You truely inspire me!
Holly
http://joyofkindergarten.blogspot.com/

chloesmom said...

Great as usual.............the kIndergarten conference sounds like it was fabulous!

Thanks so much.

Mary said...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Mary
Adventures in Kindergarten

Pingles said...

Wonderful Idea!!!

Jill said...

L.O.V.E. these! Thank you!

Color Me Happy in Kindergarten

sspeller said...

I just discovered these for the first time! ADORABLE! Thanks so much!