Image Map

Friday, May 6, 2011

Our Moms Are The Cutest...

















How cute are these mommies? I had the kids use a felt tip marker and then they filled it in with bright colors using crayons. I modeled adding accessories after the children told me what their moms carried with them.
I chalked the backgrounds with soft colors to make the colors pop. Each one was framed and I tied a bright colored bow on the side. We put a poem on the back. My principal wanted to keep them for her office!

I have the best moms in the school. They work really hard for meThey brought me flowers throughout the week! My room was full of gorgeous colors. I brought them  home to enjoy over the weekend  and to remind myself of how kind and generous parents can be.
Happy Mother's Day to all the teacher moms out there in bloggerland. I hope your day is full of love.

8 comments:

iteachk said...

You have some GREAT little artists! How much modeling did you have to do to get these to turn out so cute? I have a few kiddos that could do a great job....but not sure how to get the rest of them to have such a cute work of art!

Fran Kramer said...

I do focused modeled drawing throughout the year and we work on this using wipe-off boards as part of our writing program. These are just a few. They all look amazing-honestly. Right now they are learning to draw a bald eagle.

weety said...

These are just too cute! Did you have them draw these with directed drawing? Or were they on their own? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what was the poem you put on the back?

Fran Kramer said...

I modeled the activity and released them to do whatever. Remember, we have been drawing pictures of people all year.

Mrs. Bleeker's Kindergarten Class said...

Hello Fran,
Do you use a certain curriculum/trade book that assists you with drawing directions? If so, could you share your resource? If not, could you consider putting together a booklet containing your step by step instructions for your drawing activities? Thank you!

ABC Teach 2 Read said...

These are adorable! I am sure they will be treasured for a very long time.

ESL and EFL Elementary Teacher Resources said...

The best Mother´s Day activity I have ever seen !!!Love it.!!!

Jill Landers said...

I love these! I can see why your principal wanted them for her office!!