Image Map

Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's A Mathathon and You Are Invited to My Party

In honor of our Math Stations book study I am showing you my latest and maybe greatest idea.
What do you think?
I love it and so do the kids in my kinder room!



Okay maybe you have already thought of this but it was a true stroke of genius for me today. I made this graphing activity for the kids and gave each one their own spinner , built into the worksheet.  I used the old paper clip with a brad system for the spinner. Now my head is spinning with other uses for this. I have millions of ideas for changing this out. Download this for any little wiggle worms you might have!







Only a few more days... get ready to rock and roll with some amazing ladies. Bring on the math ideas! No sleep for any of us.

9 comments:

Ms. Lopez said...

Hey Fran, congratulations on being named one of the top Kinder blogs!! You have such great ideas, its no wonder!

Deedee Wills said...

Yeah Fran! I am impressed! Our school is having a sports theme next year... PER-FECT!
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Amber said...

I love it. I have just finishing my graphing unit in first grade this would have been great.

Fran Kramer said...

Thank you for the congrats. I am so surprised and I feel so honored to be included among such a talented group of teachers. What a compliment. Ladies, it is your moment in time. A big shout out to Deedee Wills. What a rock star.
Fran

Karen said...

Neat idea! Did you consider having children use a pencil as the spinner, along with the paperclip? That is an everyday math technique. Will you post this sheet, my wiggly kindergarteners would love to do this next week!

Chelsea said...

Fran your activities are so Kindergarten friendly it is so wonderful. So many of your activities fit so perfectly in my literacy stations. I was just wondering what program do you usually use to create all of your worksheets? I am trying to start create more, but I am not sure which program would be best to use. Thanks for your help.

Mrs. Whary said...

Wow!! Glad you thought of it - I NEVER would have - what a wonderful idea!

chloesmom said...

My class loves spin/graph activities and this just makes it easier! What a fab idea.....Thanks.

April said...

This built in spinner is a fabulous idea! I'm going to laminate it so we can use it multiple times.

I am new to the blog land and am loving your blog. Last night I read it for over an hour before bed. Let's just say I had brillant ideas that kept me from falling asleep! :0)
One thing I'm searching for is a system for kids to keep track of the # of books kids read each day. Which then could be added by the week, month, summer. Maybe a tally mark chart and then a follow up weekly graph. Any thoughts on this?