Image Map

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's Time for Baseball Practice



I am always looking for interesting ways to practice how many syllables are in a word. I was "blog cruising" and I found the perfect solution on a great blog known as Just Another Day in First Grade. If you have not seen this blog please check it out and follow this talented teacher. I already have her in my Goggle reader.
So... I tweeked her idea for creating this book and made it a bit easier for my kinderkids. I can't wait to try it out. It is the perfect activity for keeping them busy while I am assessing them. Thank you so much Mrs. Tabb.
I want the kids to clap each word and decide how many parts it has.
Then they cut out the the correct number of balls and glue them under the word. I think they will love doing this! Let's play ball!
If you would like this book please follow me and leave me a cheerand click here for my gift to you.

16 comments:

Gina K said...

I look forward to your wonderful posts and my student reap the benefits of your fabulous ideas. Thank you! You are truly appreciated.
Gina
gkalata@sbcglobal.net

Unknown said...

I just want to let you know that I love your blog. I have only recently found you, and you quickly became a go to blog for my class. Thanks for all that you do and all that you share!

Ms. Lopez said...

2, 4, 6, 8!! Who do we appreciate?!!
FRAN!!!!!!

lol! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us. I love it!

kathy said...

You have such awesome ideas! Thank you for sharing!

Kristen said...

Thanks so much for sharing all your fabulous ideas!! I appreciate you!!

venus said...

Another one of your great ideas.

Amy C said...

My kids will love this. Thank you!

Delaney White said...

Thanks for sharing...love all of your stuff!

billi said...

I look forward to each and everyone of your posts. You have so many GREAT ideas! Thanx for sharing.

LaNesha Tabb said...

love it!!! =)


mrs tabb

Fran Kramer said...

Hey Everyone,
Thank you for all the kind words. I love all of you and your generosity. We need to thank Mrs. Tabb and follow her since she is so talented. Her activities are purposeful and not just about having fun!
Love, Fran

TeacherMom said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this great idea. All my kids will love it, but especially my boys!
You are always one of the first blogs I check each day. Thanks for your dedication to teaching our little ones!

Miss Kindergarten said...

I love this idea and I love Mrs. Tabb!!! I feel like most of my activities are cute and too girly. My boys will enjoy this for sure! Thanks!!

Hadar
Miss Kindergarten

Kristin Young said...

Thanks! P.S. Now that I finally created a button I've added a place for buttons on my blog...and just added yours! ;)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

krazykindergarten said...

It is always fun to get ideas that the boys enjoy! THANKS!

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for all of your awesome ideas!