Image Map

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Just To Get The Party Started... Grab This Freebie

Many of the workshop activities in this book make use of partners. I thought this would be a great way for kinder kids to find their partner and still have to do some thinking. Cut these up into individual cards and tape onto a tongue depressor. Differentiate for students who have better number sense or encourage children to help each other. When doing a workshop the teacher can decide who starts first- the number holder or the dot holder. No one will fight and this can also be used just to practice number sense or number order.             


Do you have a special system for putting kids together as partners?
Let me know by leaving a comment.

4 comments:

Mrs. C said...

I will be using these tomorrow!

www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Deedee Wills said...

OK!!! Love it! I may be teaching and doing a workshop in a neighboring district this summer during summer school. I'm TOTALLY going to use these! You are awesome! BTW... I wanna go to Vegas with you!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Fran Kramer said...

Deedee,

You are at the top of my list for people I would love to meet. Come to Vegas and meet the oldest blogger you know! I would be thrilled! My head is spinning with ideas to present related to this book... can't wait!

Freckleteacher said...

Oh man! I was blogstalking and found this old post of yours. I just posted about using partners and ways to pair kids up and I thought I was being original. Now I can see that you are already doing a lot of that. I was inspired by your Expo presentation, but I have not actually read Debbie Diller's book. I am having fun coming up with new ways to have kids get into partners and I am posting them on my blog. Had a fun week with my kids! I am also thinking of things for them to do together, both academic and social skills. Thanks for the inspiration!