Image Map

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Where are kindergarten books on Abraham Lincoln?

I can never find age appropriate books on Abraham Lincoln. Every year I swear to my partner I will make one but time marches on and I never get to it. Boy is she going to love me tomorrow! I made this with dots underneath the text and a teacher version you slam out of the printer and bind at the top. I think it's pretty good and I have past tense language which my kids find challenging to use appropriately. The vocabulary is age appropriate and this is no mention of a mother that dies. Seriously, I cannot read that in front of a five year old and I reinvent the text every year. Not happening this year... Grab it for $3.50 here. Everyone loves a birthday book!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome idea!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Dawn H in Montana said...

I agree and am looking forward to using your booklet with my class. Like----who wants to tell kinders about mothers dying???? Let someone else do it. :)

Unknown said...

This is so needed! way to go Fran!!!!

Rachel
Ms. Rachel’s Room

Giggles and Squeals said...

I totally needed this. I am about to do a text talk on Lincoln and this will be a great follow up! Thank you!