Image Map

Friday, February 3, 2012

Look What My Partner Thought Of!



This takes some prep time but it is well worth the effort! My kids are reading their own version of  The Mitten that is in my winter packet. They love building the flow map in my pocket chart with the retelling cards that match the text of the book. But my partner (she is a genius) took it one step further and had me make them their own version of  this retelling using a sentence strip where they had to sequence the animals. They loved this activity so much and are begging me to take it home. I guess this will not be a bulletin board this time. I love creative, easy teaching ideas!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Are you going to have this in your TPT store? I would love this.

Jess said...

Love this genius idea!

Unknown said...

Love this! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Isabel Z said...

What a fabulous idea; I love it. Would love to see it in your TPT store.

Kristin said...

Adorable! No wonder they want to take it home!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Sarah said...

OMGosh!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put this in your TPT store!!!!!!!!! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Love this way of retelling the mitten!!