Image Map

Friday, February 10, 2012

Integration Is the Name of the Game


Abraham Lincoln, 100th Day, Valentines Day, George Washington, and I am still teaching about penguins! This is the craziest month of the year and I am probably confusing my students incredibly. Oh well. I will do my best to get through all this curriculum and have a little fun! They loved these math mats because I made up addition stories using their names and any penguin vocabulary my brain could come up with. I was so ridiculous but it made them laugh. Integration is the name of the game! So they take the cubes from the penguin's belly to the number line and read the last number to get the answer. They have to give me the equation.

3 comments:

Freckleteacher said...

February is such a crazy month Fran! I feel like I do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Just a taste of things that they will learn more about in later years. Thanks for the adorable books on George and Abe! I am using them both. Happy Friday and Happy Birthday coming soon!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great activity! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Unknown said...

This is an awesome blog! Thanks for the inspiration and great ideas!!