Image Map

Friday, February 10, 2012

Lincoln Pride


This was a huge hit in my classroom yesterday. My students love the repetitive text and could read much of it with very little help. They had a great time doing the guided drawing of Lincoln and felt so successful. Sometimes I think keeping it small is better and they loved the results! I think I had their full attention when doing this. We used a thin marker and colored it in with a colored pencil. I think these are adorable.Now I am going to put the big book version where they can practice it with a partner. Next up is George...

4 comments:

LeAnne Cooper said...

Fran, I L.O.V.E. how the Lincolns turned out...precious! I love doing guided drawings with my kiddos--good thing too because I HAVE to do them a lot this year. When left to their own devices to draw, this class really struggles to add details and make recognizable illustrations. Luckily, their directed drawings turn out great! They just need that little bit of help.
LeAnne
Hangin' with Mrs. Cooper

Cindy said...

These look great! We need to do more guided drawing (as we have NO ART, Music or P.E. instruction) ;-( We'll do our Lincoln guided drawing next week. ;-)

Unknown said...

Love those drawings!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Doodle Bugs said...

Oh Fran... these little Abes are precious!!