Image Map

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Reader


Lots of followers have asked me for a St. Patrick's Day emergent reader and I finally came up with this idea and I really love the concept. It's all about being lucky through a child's eyes. The text is a little more challenging and the graphics are adorable. I love how Makda did the girl on the cover. The message is positive and the shamrocks make it a wee bit Irish! If you want it you can find it in my TpT shop or at Teachers Notebook. My class will love this upbeat little reader! The repetitive text is: I am so lucky! At the end students draw a self portrait which can done as a guided drawing lesson. Easy!

6 comments:

Freckleteacher said...

It's on my wishlist Fran! I love your emergent readers and so do my kids! Plus I am Irish, so of course I will be getting this one!

Happy Almost Birthday Fran!

Meredith said...

It's a winner!! I love the graphics and "I am so lucky"...the best.

Unknown said...

Great message!
Jennifer

First Grade Blue SKies

Paggoli said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Thank you for sharing and helping us. Blessings,
Paola

Michelle Griffo said...

Thank you for making this and for having a positive message for the kids!

Michelle
Apples and ABC's

Kinder Kiddo said...

I have nominated YOU, your awesomeness, for an AWARD! Swing by to check it out. =)