Image Map

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What Do You Read for President's Day?


I finally finished both of these little packets and I am glad to have them for my little kiddos. Today I introduced the Lincoln emergent reader and they loved it. First I used the teacher version and then I told them they could have a copy of the same book. We practiced the text, highlighted the star words and they all shouted, "Happy Birthday Mr. Lincoln. It was a big hit and tomorrow I am doing a guided drawing of him based on these graphics. We also made Lincoln hats with a penny glued in the middle. Yup, my partner loves Social Studies!
 These are available at Tpt and I am ready to put them up at Teachers Notebook. Here is where you can grab Lincoln  and Washington is available here. 

7 comments:

Kari said...

These look great! I wish I had a bigger budget. I will put them on my wishlist and maybe next year will be better. In the mean time I will continue with my skills at making the president books I have 'kinder-friendly'. :)

Kari :)

Cindy said...

Fran,
This looks like another winner ;-), Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Tonia said...

Wow! Thank you Fran!! Kaye Espinosa did the Abe Lincoln TLC lesson in my class today and brought your new book to read! How fun! Loved it. I'll post some pictures on my blog .
Thanks again
Tonia Vento
mrsvento.blogspot

Pingles said...

Love both of them! My kiddoes cab tell me all about Abe, especially how he wanted everyone to be free. They even made a connection to MLK. Their writing is excellent. Thanks again, Pat I.

keri said...

OMG OMG OMG Fran!! Love these and can't wait to use them next week!!!
THANK YOU!!!
Keri :)

Unknown said...

Hi. These are great! I love them. Do you mind if I ask where you got your graphics?

SmartyBearMom said...

My Kinderbears loved the Abe book. We are completing George on Tuesday. Have you thought about a Betsy Ross Book? Or Martin Luther King? Or Pocahontas? Or her dad Chief Powhattan? We have an especially hard time in VA finding Kinderfriendly books on these guys.
Thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us.
Cindy