Image Map

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Warm Up With This Packet







How cute is this cover? My husband and I have a friend who is an artist and illustrator and he slammed this out for me in a few minutes and I adore it! It has just the right feeling. His name is Michael Smith and my husband needs to do all his dental work for the rest of time so I can bribe convince him to make more drawings for me but he is one busy guy so I am not so sure where this is going but I can keep my fingers crossed- right?
This packet has numerous emergent readers with more language than usual because I expect more from my kids at this time of year. I have some games I think my kids will like once I teach them how to play them during small group instruction. I've stepped up the patterning work and teen numbers with counting on work. I am finishing this up today and hopefully it will be up by tomorrow. As usual it is all standards based. Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

The pack looks great and the cover art is too cute!! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

This turned out so adorable! Perhaps I need spend some time looking for friends in art colleges... Thank you for sharing!!

Unknown said...

SO cute!!!!

love this! I need an artist in my life....

lol!

Freckleteacher said...

Not sure when I am getting to get these activites ready or where they will fit in my kinder day, but I will do my best to Squeeze them in. Hey...just like The Mitten. Can I squeeze in one more fantastic and adorable activity into my day? I can sure try and hopefully nothing will stretch to the pint of bursting!

It looks really great Fran and I love the art on the cover. So sweet! My kids need lots of teens work and I always love your emergent readers! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Allison said...

Thank you so much! This is the perfect fit for my week.

Allie said...

Fran, I love all your stuff. It is so cute and fits into a kindergarten day so well. My question is, do you use everything you make? How do you manage the copies? We only get 1500 copies a trimester-- which doesn't go very far. I often make my own copies at office supply stores but that can get expensive. What do you do?

Freckleteacher said...

Hi Fran! I gave you an award (I know that you get way too many, but this is a nice one) Please vist and see!

Fran Kramer said...

Allie,
I make all of this at home which I know is crazy and no I do not use everything. I pick and choose based on the skill zone of my current class. Remember the packets are full of ways to differentiate and some of it is too difficult for my class.
Pick and choose and don't feel pressured to race through every activity.
Fran

Kat said...

Hi Fran,

This packet looks great and I can tell was put together so lovingly.

Would you be willing to share with me HOW you make these. Like, what program you use. Or steer me in the direction of a book, or website, that might help.

I am pretty good at drawing but helpless at technology. I really want to try my hand at creating some stuff like this but have no clue where to start. Would you be my mentor?

Kat

Mrs. Glennon's Beach Buddies said...

Fran- so freakin cute!! Where can I find the packet? I looked at teachers pay teachers and I can't find it. Help!

Randi said...

Lucky you on the graphics! I love these <3


Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page

Anonymous said...

Good blog! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!
NY Giants - NY Jets House Divided Rugs 34``x45``