Image Map

Monday, January 2, 2012

How Cute Is This



I am doing a training at the end of this week and I am worried that the teachers attending will hate me because they are back at work and reality has hit after 2 weeks off. So here is my bribe. Yup, you guessed it- candy. My partner is addicted to m&m's so we cannot have them in the room. She adores them so after Gingerbread Activity Day and the 100th Day I have to sweep the room because she cannot handle the temptation. How cute is this for an ice breaker? Okay, never mind but at least I stuck 2 little bags in there so they will listen to me for umm, 5 minutes. I thought the questions would give me a chance to get to know them. Here is the download if you would like it. How would you answer these questions?
1. favorite movie: I Am Sam (I cried my eyes out but loved it
                             and I am a total Beatles fanatic.
2. favorite food: pizza and you can see it on my hips but
                           I also adore a good bagel
3.favorite children's book: Knuffle Bunny Free and Pete the 
                                          Cat  but I have millions of favorites
                                          Charlotte's Web still upsets me
4. favorite teacher supply: post-it notes in beautiful colors               
                                          and Avery labels, smelly markers,
                                          tabs, blah, blah, I love it all!
5. favorite grade: Kindergarten silly, best grade ever... hands
                             down (do not argue with your elders)nothin'
                             like a 5 year old without a filter!
6. favorite piece of technology: My ipad 2 is my new BFF
Now I can eat my candy. Life is good.


What about you?

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I would totally be paying attention if there was chocolate. It's a GREAT bribe. hehehe :)

JK, I would listen to you without chocolate!

Unknown said...

What a super fun idea!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Kristin said...

Well, Fran, I double checked my math but looks like those other three bloggers won the giveaway. Next time, I'll rig it.
And, seriously, everyone will be listening to you because you are engaging and infectious and a riot. A RIOT. :) I could have sat across from you at Ruby's ALL DAY. The candy will just be a bonus for them.
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I love this idea, Fran. This would be a great virtual linky party. We would all have to buy a bag of m & ms to participate. :)

I'm not sure how I would answer my favorite piece of technology....is that in or out of the classroom?

Hope the workshop goes well. :)

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I love this idea, Fran. This would be a great virtual linky party. We would all have to buy a bag of m & ms to participate. :)

I'm not sure how I would answer my favorite piece of technology....is that in or out of the classroom?

Hope the workshop goes well. :)

Unknown said...

Love your bribe! I would be listening to every word! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

megandw said...

What a cute idea!
Good luck on your presentation...I know it will be great!

Fran Kramer said...

I should leave you guys the download so you can bribe anyone in your life that you need to. M&m's at 8:00 is pushing it but hey I'll bring Starbucks too. A girl has to do what it takes to be popular!

Unknown said...

that is such a great idea! I love your thoughtfulness. I was so jealous and then sad not to be able to meet you at rubys!

Theresa said...

Super cute idea!

ACchick said...

Fran,

I would LOVE the download. I am speaking next Monday and need a good bribe. Please email it to me: Nangel1023@yahoo.com.

Thanks!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Really cute idea! Pinning this bad boy! I HATE training, but I don't mind it when someone has put actual thought and heart into it. I think everyone will love it!

Rowdy in First Grade

Mrs. C said...

I am going to pin this idea, make a new board and call it ice breakers. You are BRILLIANT! Ice breakers are so hard!

Erin Eberhart said...

Seriously...I watching I am Sam for the 15th million time the other day. It was on tv and even though I know what happens.....it still gets me. I boohooed! Love it! :) I'm with Kristin, you'll do great and the candy is an added bonus!
Erin
http://eberhartsexplorers.blogspot.com/

Jeannie said...

so nice of you to think of the teachers - I'm sure they will be very interested! I am glad I found you site and I now follow you!

Come see me!
~Jeannie~
www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

Sophia said...

If you were presenting to me I would probably be a little (well a whole lot actually!) starstruck. I'd be hanging on to every word you said. You are fabulous and your presentation will be great!

Love the title of your post btw! It's the same as the name of my new little blog. Come visit!

http://howcuteisthis.blogspot.com/

Kinder Kiddo said...

Awesome idea!
Favorite...
Food-everything chocolate, anything Italian and sushi (not together)
Movie-The Labyrinth haha...Breaking Dawn
Children's Book-Skippyjon Jones and Tacky the Penguin
Teacher Supply-dry erase crayons!!
Grade-KINDERGARTEN
Technology-iPad for me, Mobi for Kindergarten

Jessica said...

Fran, I wrote about you in my entry yesterday! =)

I wish you were leading our inservice tomorrow! I'm kind of dreading it to be honest... excited to see my co-workers after the long break though! =) Hope you enjoyed the Holidays!!!

Jessica
http://underthealphabettree.blogspot.com/

Pat Pobst said...

I love everything you do Fran...I just don't know how you have time to do it all!! Do you sleep? This is a darling icebreaker. Here are my answers:

Favorite...
Food-popcorn
Movie-Sleepless in Seattle - not sure why but I cried so hard!
Children's Book-Pete the Cat Teacher Supply-Sharpie markers and Post it notes
Grade-What happens in kindergarten lasts a lifetime!
Technology-Smartboard

Chrissy said...

I'll post my answers! This is fab!

ReadWriteSing

Lisa Howard said...

This is one of my favs too! Here are a few more... http://ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com/2011/11/dont-break-ice.html

- Lisa

Fran Kramer said...

Bloggers are the best people around.
You guys are just so awesome. Virtual hugs to all of you today for leaving such interesting comments!
Fran