Image Map

Monday, June 27, 2011

Who Doesn't Love Teens?


Teaching the "teen" numbers can challenge our little ones so this is a book I created several years ago to provide practice with just these numbers and to build literacy too. On each page I ask a question using sight words they have acquired already. They build each number in the ten frame and we talk about the "extras". When we get to the teens I remind them that teenagers are bigger kids and the number word changes. Obviously this does not work for all these numbers but it is a great scaffold for our ELL's. In the _____ of the sentence frame students can just stamp the image they are using. If you do not have stamps you can use mini stickers or just color all the boxes one color to represent that number. So... enjoy those teens 'cause they can be a real handful!

15 comments:

Busy Bees said...

Fran~I love these mats that you are making. I am up to Chapter 3 in Debbie's book.

Robynn
http://rd-busybees.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Daniels Kindergarten said...

Are you going to share this? Would love to have it.
Tammy Daniels
tam118dans@gmail.com

amulder said...

Fran- I love this! Teen numbers are soooo tricky for kinder kids and not always the easiest to teach? Do you have this for a download? I would love a copy. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! Your blog is a blessing. angie

Sherri-Lynn Hobbs said...

AWESOME!! Is this available to dl or purchase?

Renessa said...

Your blog is wonderful! I made sure to vote for you :) I was wondering what program you use that allows you to create the handwriting lines in the small boxes. Thank you!

Lyssat said...

Would love to have the teens fun!

Unknown said...

Where do you get that cute group of mini stamps? Love them! and I love these! Do you have a download? Thanks so much! You are a wonderful teacher! So creative!:)

Mrs. B's Beehive said...

My kids always have problems with their teens, I would love a copy of this! I wish I had your creativity!

Mrs. B's Beehive said...

My kids always have difficulty with their teens, I would love to have this book. I wish I had your creativity!

Dian said...

Wonderful idea! I would like a copy of this.
Thanks!

Dian said...

Wonderful idea! I would like a copy of this.
Thanks!

Pamela said...

You are so creative. I love your activities! Your ideas for the Teens are right on target!

Amy Dvoracek said...

Love it. Are you willing to share?

Kathleen said...

Thanks Fran! Those teens are always tricky!!

kathleen
growingkinders.blogspot.com

Meghan Z said...

I would love for you to share this! It looks like a great activity & I would happily pay for it if you put it on TPT! Thanks for sharing your great ideas!