Image Map

Monday, June 6, 2011

I Can, You Can, We All Can...



Debbie Diller suggests that you create "I Can" anchor charts in your classroom so students understand your expectations at each station. This is done with your students to provide their 'buy in". What about having students create a bookmark once the chart is made so they can take it with them to the station they are working on. They can write simple buzz words or glue pictures on to help them to remember how to use the station. This could be an authentic writing activiy with your focus on making a list. Students could keep them on a ring like flash cards and review them with their math partner. Math vocabulary could go on the back! 
 Click here if you want this download.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

GREAT idea! And with the ring of "I Can" statements, if someone asks them what all they have learned, they will have lots of different things listed that they "can" do. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Genius!!!
F is For First Grade

Fran Kramer said...

Jayne,
I am sending you a blog hug. You are so smart. District people come through our room and will ask the kids questions!
Fran

Linda McCardle said...

You're too clever!! I am getting so excited about my math program next year. I am so glad to have found your wonderful blog!!
Linda

hsamuelson said...

Love the size of these charts!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Swamp Frog First Graders

Unknown said...

These are great! I'm your newest follower! :)
Teaching Happily Ever After