Image Map

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Love a Great Story... Don't You?


How about some mats based on stories you might be reading in your classroom. You can use them for addition and subtraction stories  that allow students the opportunity to retell events and review important story
elements. I love this idea and it will be great for building their language. Remember that mats can also be used for number sense activities. If you would like these grab them here. My head is spinning... The Very Hungry Caterpillar would be precious and all the foods he likes to eat, Pete the Cat and all of the shoes he might find, etc.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Fran you are amazing! You definitely have my vote for the Really Good Stuff Blog!

Laura
kinderkraziness.blogspot.com

Gidget Girl Reading said...

oh I vote for pete the cat we love that book

Karen said...

I would love to see Pete the Cat as a work mat!!! Have you seen the youtube video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUubMSfIs-U

Fran Kramer said...

My kids adore Pete the Cat so I will have to create this for all of us kinder teachers for the beginning of the year. I also have a little book I made for the kids too!
Thanks for all the blog support friends!

Sarah said...

These are great! I had the thought of a woods math mat and flower "counters" for Little Red Riding Hood. You could make up math stories about the flowers Red stopped to pick on her way to grandma's house.

Mrs. Bachar's Class said...

Love these! Pete the Cat mats would be awesome! My kids love this story!

Unknown said...

These are adorable!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

beachliesl said...

Love it!! or should I say...Love them!!! Would love.love.love Pete the Cat---pretty please?? :)

You and your posts are fabulous! :)

Liesl in VA

Jill said...

Thanks so much! I can totally see myself using them. :)

Magnificent Multiagers!

bussesbusykindergarten said...

Fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me!

Precious Perks (Leigh) said...

These are great. They will be perfect to use during my faiy tale unit. Thanks so much. I've just begun blogging, I'd love for you to check me out!

elissajohnsrud said...

Thank you, thank you! These are great!

Cindy said...

These are GREAT and you are AMAZING Fran! You definitely get my vote! ;-)