Image Map

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Easy Peasy Labels for MWS


In kindergarten I would keep lables for my Math Work Stations super simple. Our children need to recognize numbers and the matching quantity. These lables will reinforce that and willscaffold it for the child that has not acquired number recognition yet. I have lots of incoming 4 year olds at the beginning of the year!
Click here to grab a set of labels!
If you are looking for me after school I am following Debbie's suggestion about purging because I need to get down to some serious tossing. The kids are still with me so this is a job for the late afternoon. Can I part with what I don't need? You betcha!  How about you?

8 comments:

jpgk53 said...

Hi Fran-
I am a follower of your fantastic blog (and ideas). I too am revamping my math area via Debbie Diller's book and blog ideas. I love your math station labels. I have a western theme and am wondering if you could make some "western" labels or direct me how to make them. I am still a novice at creating teaching materials. Thanks!
Julie

Melissa said...

Purging is so hard for me! I'm the one who stalks the free stuff table and gets more stuff. It's so hard to get rid of things you think you "might" need. I may need counseling on this.=)
F is For First Grade

Lauren Morse said...

Purging is definitely hard, but it feels so good once all the clutter is gone. And soon you forget about all that was given away. I love all of your great ideas! The labels are really cute :)
Just Add Clipart

Deedee Wills said...

Super cute labels! Ok... I have TOO many options! I'm wondering... what if I attached my labels with Velco dots... then I could switch them out periodically... I may need an intervention!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Fran Kramer said...

You could put them in name badge holders and change them out as needed! Walmart has them super cheap! I would add the numeral name as the kids matured and it would be such an easy way to build their sight word number knowledge!
Velcro is a fantastic thought.

Linda McCardle said...

I have spent the past year getting rid of materials. We are a lab school for our local university so there have been many people willing to take materials. I love your blog and am looking forward to following you.
Linda

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing. I love these!

Miss Crump said...

I love your math labels. After I clicked the link the pdf file is blank. Can you please advise? Thank you!