Image Map

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Catch Anything?


                                                                                                                                                               
Click here for the fish cards

Here is an oldie but goodie:

My kids love using a fishing pole  that has a magnet on it to "fish" for sight words. Sometimes I do this whole group and we put the words up on the board to keep count of them and use tally marks. When a child fishes for a word and pulls it out of the ocean, he says the word and spells it. I want as much "bang for my buck" as possible! This can also be used as a literacy center with a partner. I made a recording sheet for them to color. You can download the fish as a freebie from me! These sight words are from our Open Court Reading Program.

I laminated each page with my home laminator (thicker lamination)
and put self adhesive magnetic strips on the back. The strips were from Walmart and are very inexpensive. Lakeshore has the fishing poles. The kids love this! Try it.

3 comments:

Pam said...

This game looks great, but am I missing the link to download the fish? Thanks

Fran Kramer said...

If you click on the words under the fish photo it will take you to google docs to download. I checked and it should be working! I hope that helps you. Thanks for checking out my blog and I hope you follow me!
Fran

Jennifer said...

Great idea! I did this with kinder but we fished for f's. They loved it!