Image Map

Monday, February 28, 2011

Jazzy Patterns to Dazzle Your Kids


I got this amazing idea from Amanda on her blog  http://aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com/
and I can't thank her enough. My kids needed something different to mix it up a little and Amanda  inspired me to make this important concept more interesting. Each child got their own baggie of cards and I told them what kind of pattern I wanted them to make (AAB etc. ) Then they had to read their pattern to me. We switched our baggies and I could quickly assess who needed more work on this.

The children loved this! We had so much fun... I love all the creative teachers out there...


First we practiced in the pocket chart.




They got to pick their baggie:

3 comments:

A Special Kind of Class said...

I'm so glad I was able to inspire you. Thanks for the cute patterns.

Susan C said...

WOW Fran, this is awesome!! My blog is so dull in comparison. Leave it to my favorite Kinder teacher to make a blog so much fun to read. This is amazing. YOU are amazing.
Thank you for sharing this. I am going to give your url to my neighbor to follow. She is in Ontario/Montclair, and teaching...you guessed it, KINDER.
Love this!
susan

Fran Kramer said...

Thanks Susan. This has been a real adventure for me and I have learned so much through the generosity of other amazing teachers. There is so much talent across this country. I hope my blog gives teachers ideas they can use the next day in their classroom. Come and visit often!