Image Map

Friday, July 13, 2012

What Happened In Vegas Will Stay In My Heart Forever...Part2


At the end of Vanessa's session I literally run into Heidi as I am ready to leave. I love and respect this lady so much and it was so fantastic to see her! I really wanted to chat but had to get to the next class. Elizabeth is a teacher who recognized us both and begged for a picture so we were happy to do that. Who doesn't love fans?
Later that day I met up with other bloggers for lunch. So in addition to the others, I finally  met THE Chrystal from Kreative In Kinder which made my trip worthwhile. Seriously, we became instant BFF's and yes she is hilarious to talk to. In addition, she is smart, generous, and so committed to her job and family. This lady is the real deal and I hope our friendship is a forever one. She only stayed a few days but she came to my presentation to support me (like she needs to learn about blogging) and it meant so much to me. Check out her blog but I am sure you are always on there. It is fantastic. The girl can write the best personal narratives!
Are you getting bored with this? Sorry, but I promised you a story so grab another cup of coffee or go take a break cause you know how I am.
Rachelle Smith (insert super hugs and love for this girl)  and I texted each other so we could meet up for lunch and who do you think she brought with her? Anyone ever heard of Deanna Jump? Yup, I finally got to meet this beautiful southern belle and she was so much fun to be with. We talked about being train wrecks because we were presenting later in the week (loved dumping my anxieties) but we also talked about teaching and our families. She is the kindest, sweetest person you could meet. Deanna is modest but she has such a passion for teaching and life in general. I was blessed to spend time with her. I hope I see more of her in the future.
Here is a picture we took after one of Kim Adsit's fabulous presentations on Interactive Writing. She is amazing and so funny. Why do I love Kimmy so much? She is super smart but she is honest and real about teaching and life in general. I love being with her.She is a gifted educator. I wish she lived much closer to me. Her daughter Megan is pretty special too! Last year I never left her room but this year I HAD TO. She shares a blog with Megan and it is full of  important content so get over there and read, read, read...I am sure you are quite familiar with Kindergals.

Have you had enough? Too bad. The laundry is out of control and half my plants are dead (bless the husband) so I have to take a break. I haven't even gotten to my presentation so hold on...

11 comments:

dbednars said...

What fun! I can't wait to read about the presentations! Thank you for sharing & your enthusiasm!

Mrs. Wathen said...

You are all so fabulous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring:)

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Pingles said...

I love that pictures of all the bloggers. I can actually say Oh yea, I read her blog, and blog, and oh yea I saw her on Virtual Teaching Expo. I do not know any one but I read all about them. I am so excited you had a great time, I can feel the excitement through your writing. So happy for you!

Pingles said...

I love the picture of you all! I feel like I know so many of them. I read their blogs and I even saw some on the Virtual Teaching Expo, how exciting. I am so happy you had a great time, you certainly deserve it. I know your presentation was wonderful. I love how I can feel your excitement through your writing.

Anonymous said...

Can I say how jealous I am!! I have been so inspired this year by all of the wonderful ladies you have mentioned and you!! This was my first year back in Kindergarten and I had soo much fun, reawakened a passion I had forgotten I had and now I want to share my passion and meet my heroes!

I wanted to go so bad!!! I think I will start saving my money now....next year!

Terri Izatt
merrykinderkapers.blogspot.com/ (decided to jump into the sharing part and this is my brand new blog)

Rachelle said...

I love you!!!! I had so much fun with you and I LOVED your presentation. You have a talent for being real, making us all laugh, and giving us the information in a creative way!

SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!
-Rachelle Smith

Suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing about your time at the conference. It sounds like the Oscars of teaching Kindergarten (without the much deserved awards!) If I can ever save enough money to go, I know I will be star struck!

HeidiSongs said...

Thank you so much for all of your kindness and sweet words! I loved being there with you, and I soooo wished I could have been there for your presentation!
It was great to see so many people that just seemed like old friends, even though we have hardly even met in person before! It was like a dream come true.
Hoping to do it again next year!
Heidi Butkus
http://heidisongs.blogspot.com

Deanna Jump said...

Fran, I am so glad I finally got to meet with you! I wish we had been able to spend more time together. Thank you so much for the sweet comments. You are a wonderful person and I appreciate that I had you to worry with! :) I hope that we will get to see each other again soon!

Mrs. Saoud said...

What a great picture and wonderful memories!

~Cheryl

Mandy said...

My friend and I had a blast in Vegas! We're paying for it today as we are dead but really need to get out to the Dollar Tree. ;) I too enjoyed Kim Adsit b/c she was so real and forthcoming as to her journey as a teacher. It's good to hear others make crazy mistakes. We didn't make it to your session, wish we would have, but did see you in a couple of sessions. Enjoy the rest of the summer!