Image Map

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Common Core Is A Journey...


I just came back from a week of common core training and my brain might be broken from using it so much. I am exhausted but ready to do a lot more reading on this and exploration under our district leadership. I stayed in a gorgeous hotel in Palm Desert and got a chance to bond with some of my district friends. We went to all the classes ( yup we are super goodies) that were offered and even got a new ipad. Yes, you read that correctly. That was a huge perk that still blows me away! The conference had tons of teckies to offer support and I learned a ton of new tricks that were pretty exciting to me! Who knew about the four finger swipe? Not me! So now I am home after two weeks of hotel life where all meals were provided and I could forget about real life as I know it. Let's not even talk about the laundry. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Two weeks of common core training! I bet your brain is feeling a bit overused. Our "fancy" district training for the state of Florida was on a week long but we still came back feeling so overwhelmed with information to share with our teachers. However, I must say that the new iPad is a great perk to going.

Enjoy it!

Ann

Stacy said...

WOW new ipads that is so exciting!!! I'm looking forward to reading your posts about Common Core.
✰ Stacy

Simpson Superstars

Tanya Solano said...

What a great experience!! I am excited to learn more about common core from you!
❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

Holly said...

How exciting! I loved your posts about Vegas too! I went last summer and love, love, loved it! I'm at SDE's Chicago D.I. conference right now! Lovin' all the great presenters!! But...you'd better believe I'll be in Vegas next year! Just started my own BLOG after a year and a half of BLOG stalking! Thanks for all of your inspiration, info. and resources! Can't wait to hear more about CCSS!

Rachelle said...

WOW! That's amazing!!! Our district didn't train us AT ALL! Not ONE BIT!!!! AHHH!!!!

Mrs. Gorbe said...

that's awesome! We've had no training either, and no ipads! LOL!