Image Map

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Getting To the Core of the Matter...


Teachers love having their name on their stuff. If you don't go to the effort things tend to disappear-right? I bet I've lost a book or two but oh well. Anyhow, I just got back from Vegas and now I am packing up again to head for Palm Springs for a common core training. So I needed to pump myself up for this and I decided to do it by getting into a crafty mood. The cover for my binder is no biggy but I run it on photo paper so the color is gorgeous. Now here is where I lost my mind. I decided to personalize my paper and add some cute graphics. How cute is this? I just ran it through the printer and changed out the design a few times. Nothing to it! Finally, I made my own notepad which I think is adorable. It is so simple to do. Now I can face the week with all my new stuff. I never got over the whole school supply obsession. What do you do to personalize your classroom stuff. We all do labels and lots of bloggers offer them up as freebies!
Deanna Jump does the most amazing job of this in her classroom. She presented a workshop on Organization and  Ijust want her to come to stay with me for a week and straighten me out. She is a powerhouse at this!
I will go through the steps to make a notepad soon. HAPPY SUNDAY!

16 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

I ❤ personalized stuff, too! And, I'm a sucker for cute! If I can't personalize it myself, then I buy cute pads and papers. I almost never write a note on ordinary, plain old paper. I'm a HUGE yorkie lover, so a lot of my stuff has yorkies on it. Good luck at your common core training. Your audience sure is lucky!

Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Alessia Albanese said...

This is adorable, Fran! Have fun at yet another conference! LOL! Missing you guys already....:(

Ѽ Alessia
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

cindy said...

I love what you did with the notebook paper. Such a fun and easy thing to do. Thank you for thinking of it for the rest of us! I'm going to do this on my papers for staff meetings. It'll make taking notes a bit more fun:)

forkin4th said...

Loving the cuteness of this! Happy to have found your blog & be your newest follower. Check out my blog when you have a chance and enter to win my sunflower life cycle giveaway - wishing you the best WINNING luck!

:) Antonia
forkin 4th

Deanna Jump said...

Hey Friend, Just say the word and I'm there! :)

Lisa R. said...

I love how crafty you got with everything!! Good luck with your training! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kristin said...

I'm in love with personalized stuff, too!!! :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Freckleteacher said...

Have an awesome week at your Common Core training Fran! With your new cute stuff it is not "common", but extra special just like you!

Fran Kramer said...

OMG Deanna has no idea of the crisis in my closets! She would need to sit down and catch her breath!
Just sayin'

Pingles said...

Oh how I wish I could be there! I am intrigued by the CCSS. Please keep us unlucky ones not there with you updated with all that knowledge,

Cindy said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!.....Can't wait to hear what you have to share from the next conference. And yes, If Deanna's making the rounds....I need help too! ;-)

Sandy said...

Adorable stuff!!! I can't wait to hear about all you learned at the CC conference!!! :) Have fun!

Soaring Through Second

Christina Clement said...

Hi Fran, I just made you a blogger "thank you" note and would love it if you could come to my blog to see it! Sincerely,
Chris Kazanjian
http://thekindergardenteacher.blogspot.com/search/label/a%20blogger%20thank%20you%20note

School Sparks Renee said...

Your stuff is so cute. You;ll smile every time you use your personalized pads, etc. It's so much fun! Renee

Amy said...

Ok this may sound a bit cheesy but in addition to "trying " to personalize my stuff I like to attach a colorful ribbion or something else unique to the item so I can locate it from a distance in a crowd. This has saved me huge hassles at airports.

ramsey said...

Hi!
I'm Georgia from ramseyresources.blogspot.com I'm nominating your blog for two awards. Come over to my blog to take a look!
Georgia