Image Map

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Spreading Magic With A New Packet


Put away those turkeys, fall leaves and pumpkins since winter is just around the corner! 
I have been as busy as a little elf creating packets this week to bring back to my teachers to add some holiday magic to their classroom. What's more fun than having a magical character in your room? This ended up being much bigger than I expected so I broke it into literacy and math activities. I tried to make it unique and fun for teachers to use while still implementing common core standards. An elf is provided in this packet who is there to watch over the classroom, being sure students are following classroom rules and working hard on important foundational skills. Many of these activities can be done in a large group or during small group instruction. Eventually students can do this activities as independent literacy stations.It can serve as the perfect tool for intervention, with older students too. 
With many of these activities students can work with a partner which is an important part of the collaborative model being encouraged with the CCSS. If you are interested in having this packet it is in my Tpt store right here. A little bit of fun for everyone!
A math packet with an emergent reader is coming shortly too.
Have a happy Sunday.

3 comments:

HeidiSongs said...

I love the holiday theme, Fran!
Heidi

Fran Kramer said...

I can send it to you if you want Heidi. You are always so generous. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

The elf has come to my classroom. Your materials are going to help bring focus to behaviors and common core learning. I am excited to combine your products and some ideas I've had to make Christmas learning fun! Thanks for all your talents.

Terri Izatt
KinderKapers