Image Map

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Little Books Filled With Gratitude

At this time of the year it is important for our students to reflect on all that they should be thankful for. I decided to update a little book that I have used for years in my kindergarten and to offer it as a freebie. I changed it up a bit by differentiated it to allow for a student who is more independent and can write a sight word with ease. It is just a simple cut and paste foldable that provides repetitive text  and is a little cut and staple activitiy. On one set of pictures the word my is provided but on the other the student is asked to write it under each picture. Students get to select the pictures that represent what they are grateful for and this makes a nice book to send home with all your Thanksgiving activities.Grab this freebie here.


Thank you for all the amazing email I got about blog stealing. It just makes me sick that people see no wrong in this. I appreciate the kind comments, those that clearly understand how wrong this is, and followers who see the problem all over the internet. Much of this is often pointed out to me and it makes me feel so bad. Link back to a blog, ask permission to grab a photo and take care of each other. When in doubt... ask.

18 comments:

Heather said...

Great little book! Thanks for sharing even after all that is happening with blog stealing.

Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

Freckleteacher said...

I am so grateful and thankful for you my friend! I love this little book and will somehow fit it in this coming 3 day school week. I am doing parent conferences and still figuring out how to work with 30 kids! It is actually going well and I am happy. No time for my own blog, but that's ok. I miss you and hope we can see each other again soon. My District is finally beginning to train us on Common Core and I really wish you could come and inspire our primary teachers. I know how much fun and helpful that would be! So many changes this year, morale is a bit low. Thank goodness Prop 30 passed! Thanks again for the freee book. It is really perfect! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Fran!

Anonymous said...

The blogging community is so great and so giving! Whenever I have asked about sharing an idea on my blog those I asked always said yes. I think we get in trouble when we assume everyone will say yes and we don't bother to ask. We just need to mind our manners. A big shout out and THANK-YOU to you Fran!! You are the best!

Terri
KinderKapers

Fran Kramer said...

Cindy,
I have really missed you in Blogland and I think about you often. Life is rough with 30 but I but I know you are doing a fantastic job. Enjoy this little book! I will do anything I can to help you with CCSS. It is so much to wrap your head around!
Fran

Unknown said...

Thank you for the freebie. I plan to use it with my kiddos next week. Happy Thanksgiving.

Ms. Lopez said...

Thanks, Fran, for continuing to share your creativity and hard work with us. I felt so bad when I read your last post but I love how you just dust yourself off and keep on going!

Kathy

Tonia said...

Hi Fran,
Thanks for the great Thanksgiving book! I am thankful for your blog. I am working with just 4 TK kids and 26 reg. Kinders this year. CA keeps us on our toes. I love the little young ones and am having so much fun with them.
you are always an inspiration.
Tonia
Mrsvento.blogspot

Jill said...

Thanks for the freebie.

Jill

Kinderkids said...

Thank you so much for sharing your creations. Please know that your work blesses children everywhere. I hope you will have time to rest and relax during the Thanksgiving holiday.

Clair

robyn said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful free book! I can't wait to use it with my little ones! Sooooo cute!
Robyn

Allison said...

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful creations! We are all so thankful for you!

Rachelle said...

Oh if this isn't the CUTEST thing ever! It'll be perfect for our Thanksgiving themed week next week. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Maryann said...

Hi Fran!
Thank you so much for always sharing your great creations with teachers everywhere! You are an inspriation to all of us and we really appreciate yout talents and your friendship! Thank you again for always giving and sharing! I hope you will have time to relax with your family. I always look forward to new creations!
Again, thank you!
Maryann
brennemm@carlisleschools.org

Maestra Jocelyn said...

Thank you for the freebie. I'm a Kindergarten teacher in Puerto Rico and I love your blog for the colors but also for all the useful information you post.

Maestra Jocelyn said...

thanks for all your work. I enjoy using it with my students.

mdunn said...

Thank you for this darling freebie. I love your ideas practical, easy to use and so cute.

Loving Kindergarten!!! said...

I grabbed this for my Kindergarten class. Thanks for sharing! The kids will love it!

Loving Kindergarten!!! said...

Thank you for sharing this freebie. I am grabbing it for my kindergarten students I know they will love it.