Image Map

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Have You Hired Help for the Classroom?

This is my latest packet for primary students. It is a great way to build community in your Common Core classroom. Our young students need to learn how to be responsible and solve their own problems. This is a huge part of 21st century learning.
What makes this chart unique?
I created 20 different job cards which gives you a huge variety to pick from.
You pick the ones you want and follow directions for customizing it for your classroom.
Jobs can be added on as your students mature.


Here is what the big cards look like. I love to run them on photo paper (I use Kirkland from Costco) since this makes them glossy and gorgeous. Once I decide which jobs I want to start the year off with, I print them and laminate them. Directions for putting this together is in the packet. I {heart} the final product. Super cute, right? Just play along.
Use clothespins for your student names. What an authentic way for your class to learn how to read each other's names. Love that.
Then I created student badges that the kids can wear when assigned a specific job. Yup, I love those badges and here is another use for them! So cute and if you put it in the right place on their collar, they can't even chew it. You know exactly what I am talking about.

Now this is where my brain was smokin'. I made a little reader that matches all the jobs that I have provided. Once again, you can customize it by only using the pages of your choice. The pictures match the badges and class chart so students can easily recognize the academic language. I hope you love this packet as much as I do. When I bring it to school for my kindergarten teachers I am hoping to feel the love! Do you have classroom jobs?

I am offering this packet for a special price right now. Are you interested? Okay. Now go enjoy your summer before it's over...









7 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love this pack! Is it in your TpT store yet? I can't find a link for it!
krishankins09@gmail.com

Fran Kramer said...

Hi Kris,
I just uploaded it a second ago. Thanks for your interest! I hope you love it as much as I do.

Jess said...

I love class jobs! I love getting everyone involved and how much they care about their class jobs! Oh the little ones!
Rambling About Reading

Unknown said...

Great packs to include in a kindergarten curriculum! Loved them. They are awesome.

Unknown said...

Love this idea. My students love having jobs so adding more will help students take responsibility and ownership of the classroom.

g1kteacher said...

Fran - You are amazing! I LOVE these! Heading over to buy these now. Thanks for sending the hug my way today!
Heidi

Fran Kramer said...

OMG Heidi,
I miss you and loved hearing about your training. We had so much fun with your misery! It was hilarious but I feel bad if the trainer ever realizes how amazing you and Nancy are!
Bigger Hugs,
Fran