Image Map

Monday, April 7, 2014

Are you munching on carrots...check out these plastic ones!


 Okay I need to get a handle on this. I swear this is my last idea but it is a whopper! The carrot containers are my all time favorites and here is what I came up with today. It's a syllable sorting activity with fruit and vegetable cards. The cards fit in the carrots perfectly! The mats fit in the back of this container, along with the directions. Cute... right? I love that these are all Common Core activities and this is an important Foundational Skill for our kinders.

Normally I buy the carrot containers at the Dollar Tree but this year I could not find them. My daughter called me in the middle of the day to tell me they were in Walgreen. Yup, who knew? I bought a few but believe me in a few weeks these will be on CLEARANCE. If you can hold out until then you will love the price. I couldn't resist so here is my final idea!




12 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not wait to get my hands on this unit! Too cute! My Pre K kids will adore these activities.

Stenslv said...

Hi Fran! This looks adorable -- and your plan to post a few at a time is great! Can't wait to see them!

Unknown said...

How I wish you were a literacy coach at our school! I love all your ideas and those carrots are so cute. Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

I have been eye-balling those carrots at the Dollar Tree for a while, wondering what I could do with them. This is an EGG-ceptional idea!!!

Maryann said...

Hi Fran!
Thanks so much for the wonderful ideas! I love the carrots! Are the activities on TPT for sale since I missed the FREEBIES and what are they listed under?
Many thanks fo rthe creative ideas. Now on to shopping!
Thanks,
Maryann
brennemm@carlisleschools.ort

Unknown said...

Thank you for your willingness to share. Love your ideas.

Karen said...

Love these! You have such great ideas! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fran
I love your ideas and can't wait to use them in my class. I bought some of the eggs you are using and filled mine with high frequency tiles so the kiddos can unscramble the words.
Thanks
Jeri

Mrs. Tolbert said...

Love this!
Jada

Daisy Days for Learning

Teaching in the Jungle said...

Can't wait to see the freebie you post. This is a super idea!

Unknown said...

So excited for this!!!

Susan said...

What great ideas you come up with! This is adorable.