Image Map

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Brown is not the new purple...



We have so much curriculum to cover like everyone else but I really had a student tell me a brown crayon was purple! No he is not color blind. Some of our little ones still do not know their colors so we look for ways to integrate this into the curriculum. Once you teach your students how to make a book like this during small group instruction you can use it as a literacy center. Most kids love these and they are so easy to create. We are learning how to make these and it's another way to build vocabulary too. Hummmm , tomorrow we are doing Mouse Paint. What is your favorite color activity? These graphics are available from DJInkers.If you want this click here and follow me-please.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

My kids "flipped" over the shape one so I know we must do this one too!! Will you post this one too?
B.

Laura said...

Love it! My favorite activity is using the water colors and letting them use droppers to discover what colors they make. Don't forget there is a Mouse Count book too! Lots of fun!

Jennifer said...

We just did the shape one today:-) We have been doing LOTS of color activities. One of my favorites is making a colored mouse book. As we reveiw colors, each child traces a mouse shape onto construction paper and cuts it out. (Works on scissor skills.) We then have a mouse picture that is copied on to gray paper and have a blank cover. A hole is punched for the tail and a pink pipe cleaner is added to hold it altogether. We then add the color words on to the corresponding pages. The kids LOVE having a book that they can read and are always excited that the pieces really do become a mouse book:-)

PS Would love to have your color book too:-)

Jen Reed said...

Please, please share this one, too! We are learning about colors next week in my PreK class, and I'd love to use this. Thanks!

Sara Gladwell said...

The shape flip book was fantastic! Would love the color one too!! :)

Mrs. Gorbe said...

I use the mouse paint book and use cool whip and food coloring:) Then we eat them on graham crackers for snack!

Barbara said...

Thank-you, Thank-you. My Parents think the things their children do are soooo wonderful...I just say I owe it all to FRAN!!
B.

Mrs. Gorbe said...

Okay, I have a question. How do you put it together? There are 2 answers for each color!

Burgobits said...

You are to be commended for your creativity...practicality...and your generousity. I am so appreciative of the fact that you share so many of your activities...it makes learning fun for our students in a little village...